Subject: Re: nec R2200 video support?
To: None <qiwen@glue.phys.washington.edu>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-arc
Date: 02/18/2001 12:12:31
In <Pine.LNX.3.96.1010217183156.17939B-100000@glue.phys.washington.edu>
qiwen@glue.phys.washington.edu wrote:

> Is there a standerd video card that is supported for the R2200?  I a
> thinking about just getting supported video card and just to it work.

If it has standard VGA supported by ARC BIOS,
it should work. (but I'm not sure)

> here is a trick I am thinking about doing.  Please let me know if this
> make sense.
>
> 1.  take the empty FAT formated scsi drive from the r2200
> 2.  please it in a win95 system
> 3.  copy all the netbsd files onto the FAT formated drive.
> 4.  put the harddrive back in the r2200
> 5.  From the arc firmware and try to boot directly.
>
> Could this work?

You can boot your kernel in this way (that's what I did),
but NetBSD/arc does not support NCR53C700 SCSI yet so
you cannot access files on SCSI disk after boot.
You have to prepare NFS root on your server.
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp