Subject: Re: more magnum tests...
To: Mark Abene <phiber@radicalmedia.com>
From: bob meader <bob@cci.net>
List: port-arc
Date: 02/10/2001 23:20:35
Mark Abene wrote:

> Wow!  OK, let's do a sanity check here.  I'm using cross/mipsel-netbsd version
> 1.3.0.0 and binutils version 2.9.1.1.  My build system is a Sun 4/110 running
> NetBSD.  I'm building NetBSD-current as of a couple weeks ago, reporting
> version 1.5R.  What version of build tools are you using at this moment?

mips native 1.5 standard release ( Dec 2000).

> And you're saying that NetBSD-1.5 release works fine for you? Yes on

RISC server 2200 with a minor patch.

> Can you
> add my patches to 1.5 release as well as -current and compare if either works
> on your Magnum?

I don't have a Magnum but what I was planning to do as test isapply changes to 1.5
Release, plus as test of your  interval  changes
I'll modify the RISC 2200 code to use internal interval clock
instead of external (using your changes as a model)...RiscServer
clock at 200 MHZ so the increment value of 225000 is a little small
may have to adujst it.

>  Can you also do me a favor and check your cvs directory
> and tell me which files changed between March and July of 2000 that pertain
> to port-arc, when you noticed it started working for you?

Well I lost my tree ... the changes to arc during that time wereaddition of new arc
machines...RiscStation 2200(pci and isa versions)
RiscStation 2250 and RiscServer 2200. Other changes pertain
buss dma support ( isa/pci) which now works (you can plug an
ide controller into eiasa/isa/pci slots).