Subject: Heavier than you
To: None <port-arc@netbsd.org>
From: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
List: port-arc
Date: 02/07/2001 10:38:10
I have two MIPS arc boxes that are a bit of a curiosity, about which I hope I
can be enlightened.  They're extremely heavy (70 pounds or so) and quite large,
about the size of two stacked desktops.  They are preproduction units circa
1993-94, but very close to the final hardware, from what I recall.  I _think_
they are preproduction 2200's.  Here are the details:

NEC Express RISCserver
Model RT-4420-2767
Dual-MIPS inside, on daughter cards labelled G8MZU REV. A3A
Three huge core logic chips w/ heatsinks on motherboard (are these processors?)
7 EISA slots
1 EISA slot has a multi-IO board
RAID bank, 8 drive slots
3 full-height expansion bays on top.

If NetBSD doesn't run on this thing yet, I'd be glad to donate them both to the
cause!  (Although I'm sure they are the only two left on the planet)  :^)

A very old and crufty NT 3.5 or 4 is currently installed; maybe I'll fire that
up one day and see what it tells me.

Thanks all,
David