Subject: Re: Magnum...
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Mark Abene <phiber@radicalmedia.com>
List: port-arc
Date: 02/06/2001 20:42:20
On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 09:56:19AM +0900, Toru Nishimura wrote:
> > So gladly, things are looking promising.  Net booting
> > appears to start up properly (though I still need to unpack the binary sets
> > onto an nfs server).  What's odd is that the sonic driver reports
> > "no heartbeat" twice, even if I set the SQE jumper on my transceiver.  But
> > the messages would appear harmless.  Also, I tried enabling scsi, and the
> > "waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle" seems to wait much longer, maybe
> > 20 seconds.
>
> Cheers. Dump away current implementation and re-do asc and sonic, please.
>
> Tohru Nishimura

Was that a nice way of saying that, in their current state, these two drivers
"suck"?  :)

I'm about to try nfs-mounting the binary sets.  Upon success/failure, I'll
post my patches so we can get more people playing with their Magnums.
God knows they've waited long enough for this moment!  And you know who you
are!

Cheers,
-Mark