Subject: Re: incidentally...
To: enami tsugutomo <enami@sm.sony.co.jp>
From: Mark Abene <phiber@radicalmedia.com>
List: port-arc
Date: 02/05/2001 06:10:29
On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 07:30:00PM +0900, enami tsugutomo wrote:
> Mark Abene <phiber@radicalmedia.com> writes:
>
> > I notice that the scsipi code hangs at tsleep, and that the nfsboot code
> > is now hanging also.  And it's no surprise to see that the nfsboot code
> > ALSO uses tsleep.  Is (l)tsleep now completely broken?
>
> It sounds like clock on arc port is broken.  Does it really generating
> interrupts?
>
> enami.

Yeah, it really is.  Since I rewrote and tested the code myself, I can
tell you that it appears to work just fine.  And the clkintr code is a bit
different depending on what model of mips machine you have.  They can't
ALL be broken, and we now know that the same problem exists on at least
one other type of mips machine.  It would appear that some bit of new MI code
is now broken.
I would appreciate if people could test NetBSD-current on their olivetti or
pica to see if it hangs in the same place.  Because their clkintr code is
now different than mine.

Cheers,
-Mark