Subject: Re: Silly question...
To: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
From: bob meader <bob@cci.net>
List: port-arc
Date: 12/27/2000 11:35:29

I have a NEC Risc Server 2200 running Netbsd 1.5 beta...As far as installation one should
be aware of three things.
1. I have built kernels for it did much work testing,testing,writing code
to make it work.....However one thing I could never determine due
to lack of hardware documentation is the physical address vga controller
and video buffer so you must use a custom kernel built with 'COMCONSOLE'
option.
2.NEC RiscServer come with different size caches... I did a patch to determine
what size is used but last time I checked it didn't make into source tree yet.
3.RiscServer like RiscStation 2250 use a NCR 700 scsi controller ( currently
only 8xx is supported). Note you can install/use an IDE drive.