Subject: Re: MIPS Magnum 4000-PC fails to boot
To: Mark Abene <phiber@radicalmedia.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: port-arc
Date: 11/11/2000 19:20:13
On Sat, Nov 11, 2000 at 08:54:09PM -0500, Mark Abene wrote:

 > Does this mean the algor branch is broken?  Can anyone verify this?
 > The Algorithmics code is using the RTC for hardclock.  I'm curious if
 > this was just an idea that was never actually tested, or if it's working...

The Algorithmics code should be split into a differnet port.  Period.
Cramming it into the ARC port in the first place was a very bad decision
on the part of the individual who originally wrote the code.

The Dallas clock interrupt on the Algorithmics boards is not lumped
in with other "device" interrupts like it is on the Magnum, and
therefore can get away with it.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>