Subject: Re: MIPS Magnum 4000-PC fails to boot
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Mark Abene <phiber@radicalmedia.com>
List: port-arc
Date: 11/11/2000 08:19:12
I revise my previous statement, and it's good news.  The RTC *can* be used
for the jiffy (hz) clock!  I was just reading the code for arc/algor, and
the Algorithmics branch does exactly this.  I'm excited.  I was just reading
the specs sheet for our DS1287 rtc chip, and it provides a periodic clock
interrupt at rates from 500ms down to 122us.  Which makes it perfect for our
needs!  So again if the MCT ADR interval timer turns out to be unusable on
the Magnum, we have yet another option, and wouldn't have to mess with the
cpu timer code at all.  Awesome!

Cheers,
-Mark