Subject: Re: MIPS Magnum 4000-PC fails to boot
To: Mark Abene <phiber@radicalmedia.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: port-arc
Date: 11/10/2000 18:53:22
On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 01:09:10AM -0500, Mark Abene wrote:

 > OK, do me a favor.  In arch/mips/mips/locore.S, find _splnone, and change:
 >
 >         li      v0, (MIPS_INT_MASK | MIPS_SR_INT_IE)
 >
 > to read:
 >
 >         li      v0, ((MIPS_INT_MASK & ~MIPS_INT_MASK_4)| MIPS_SR_INT_IE)

Okay, with this change I'm in single-user mode now.  And, I'm a little
puzzled:

#
#
# ls
.cshrc    altroot   dev       home      root      stand     usr
.profile  bin       etc       mnt       sbin      tmp       var
# date
Fri Nov 10 10:50:50 PST 2000
# ls /usr
bin     include libdata lkm     mdec    share
games   lib     libexec local   sbin
# date
Fri Nov 10 10:50:54 PST 2000
#

...okay, the time has advanced... So, are we or are we not blocking
the clock interrupts?!

Sorry, the ARC port is spaghetti to me right now (maybe I'll spend
some time and make it more Alpha port like :-), so I might just be
missing something......

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>