Subject: Re: MIPS Magnum 4000-PC fails to boot
To: Mark Abene <phiber@radicalmedia.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: port-arc
Date: 11/09/2000 07:27:56
On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 07:57:06AM -0500, Mark Abene wrote:

 > My first suggestion is to stick a printf before and after the call
 > to _splnone() in autoconf.c.  Make sure it isn't an interrupt problem.
 > This is definitely a 4000PC, not a 4000SC, right?  If you're having the
 > same INT4 problem as on the 4000SC, I'll wet my pants.  Please let me
 > know, as the outcome of this test will affect my hypothesis of the 4000SC
 > problem.

Interesting -- what sort of problem are you have on the 4000SC, and what
is your hypothesis?

I've got a cross compiler set up now, and will to a bit of poking around
today in between Real Work (I brought my Magnum into work to prototype
a code synthesis project I'm working on -- mips is a lot easier than
x86 :-)

 > That's a perfectly valid question.  Does anyone have the proper documentation
 > for the ARC syscalls?  I would suspect a lack of documentation is the reason
 > we currently aren't.

Well, we make *some* ARC calls -- and there are rumors of some people
(including people on this list :-) who have MIPS ARC console documentation.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>