Subject: Deskstation Tyne? Anyone?
To: None <port-arc@netbsd.org>
From: Maki <mk2s@digitalcommute.com>
List: port-arc
Date: 10/05/2000 16:39:00
It looks like I'm picking up a bare tyne motherboard.  As far as I have been able to put things together, this is a 133MHz R4600 with ISA and VL-local bus and ARC bios.
So my question to the list is, is there anyone out there with one of these running?  Does anyone have any more information on these boards?

In particular, I was wondering if I needed to use 72pin parity memeory?
Can I use a common ISA 16550 serial card with com0 and com1?
Does a normal ISA vga card work?
How much cache dose this have?
If I don't connect a keyboard, would it put console on com0 like other boxes do?

How much work would be involved in bringing up NetBSD-ARC?  Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,