Subject: mips magnum 4000sc-50
To: None <port-arc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Dosser <mic@t0.or.at>
List: port-arc
Date: 10/03/2000 21:37:58
hello dear list-members!

i have a mips machine of that type and would like to install netbsd on
it. i am not a programmer but i am a sysadmin for freebsd and linux
machines on x86 architecture.
the machine runs in little endian/arc mode since i installed the
firmware update from floppy and now it boots up to the arc-m$-boot
loader. my question is, how to go on further: i connected the scsi-drive
to a controller of another x86 machine und copied the kernel on the
disk. then i tried to add the kernel into the arc multiboot loader which
then told me that the file could not be found.
question: was that the right way to boot netbsd or is there another
way? if it is the right way, what have i done wrong?

i am sorry if i ask stupid questions but any help would be appreciated,

thx,
mic

--
Michael Dosser