Subject: Re: Risc Express Server How to continue... also apples to Riscstation 2000
To: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
From: bob meader <bob@cci.net>
List: port-arc
Date: 08/10/2000 15:30:23
Noriyuki Soda wrote:

> According to arcdiag output from Ross, RISCserver Express looks
> very closer to RISCserver 2200.
> only has 1MB cache. So, perhaps chaging line 769 if arc/arc/machdep.c
> from "#if 0" to "#if 1" may makes difference.
>
> Adam's RISCstation 2200 is different.
> It's system ID is "NEC-R94", and vendor string is "NEC W&S",
> Adam's machine should match NEC_R94.
> About NEC_R94, probably clock_mc.c should treat it as just like
> NEC_R96....

Ok I just did a cvs checkout today,confiured a kernel for comconsolestuck in
the above suggested changes and built it.

It is ready for testing ...
it is at the following ftp server :

ftp://204.57.142.148/pub/express/

The three files are
1. netbsd  'elf kernel' to go in root as /netbsd
2. netbsd.ecoff  (the 'bootable' kernel)
3. r2200 the configuration file I used to build kernel.

  Now if RiscServer Express boots, we will have to make a change to
arcbios.c to read the size of the cache memory. After making
the above change to machdep.c to use a '1 meg' cache
causes the kernel to now crash on RiscServer 2200
since it has a '2 meg' cache memory...