Subject: Re: ide on RiscServer 2200
To: None <bob@cci.net>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: port-arc
Date: 08/09/2000 04:16:28
> > I think you already did "cd dev; sh MAKEDEV all" on the ide drive.
> > Is this true?
>
> Oops! That was it...

Hmm, so, RISCstation 2200 now can boot from local ide disk as root device,
great!

> Now a couple of questions ... I did the swap by just making an entry
> in disklabel then added to fstab the entry
> /dev/wd0b       none    swap    sw              0 0 .
> Is this all that is required ?

Yes.

> The reason I am asking I
> get an "vmstat: invalid _disk_count -1884553076."
> from vmstat program.

That means either
	- /var/db/kvm.db doesn't match working kernel.
	  you have to copy the working kernel image (elf version) to /netbsd,
	  and have to run "kvm_mkdb" (or have to reboot, since booting
	  process does the "kvm_mkdb" automatically).
or
	- you have to recompile vmstat binary with header files
	  of the working kernel.
--
soda