Subject: Re: ide on RiscServer 2200
To: None <bob@cci.net, port-arc@netbsd.org>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: port-arc
Date: 08/09/2000 02:51:39
> I recently download from kernel source from cvs server (08-03-00)
> made a new configuration file to support IDE on isa and built a new
> kernel..
>
> The new kernel successfully recognizes the western digital hard drive
> and I was able to install a new disk label ,make a new filesystem,
> mount it and expand out the various sets from 3/3 snapshot...

Hmm, so the wd driver seems to work on RISCserver 2200.
It is good news.

> However when I try to use it as the 'root' filesystem
> via 'wd0a' when prompted for file system during
> bootup it just hangs....

I think you already did "cd dev; sh MAKEDEV all" on the ide drive.
Is this true?

Could you invoke DDB by BREAK ("~#", if you are using tip)?
If so, could you send me the output of "trace" command of DDB
with the kernel image file?
--
soda