Subject: Re: NEC RISCserver Express hangs on boot.
To: Ross Alexander <RossAlexander@home.com>
From: bob meader <bob@cci.net>
List: port-arc
Date: 08/08/2000 10:15:04
Actually this is VERY interesting that you get this far at all...
The reason I say that it is my understanding that RiscServer 2200
and RiscSever Express are two different machines...
One uses an ncr730 scsi controller the other uses
ncr700/710 .... Currently that 'arc' ports uses
the cpu model type reported by ARC firmware ONLY
to determine  how to configure... If two different
arch's report the same cpu-type one machine will
have to be the odd man out!