Subject: Re: NEC RiscServer 2200
To: None <bob@cci.net, imp@village.org>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: port-arc
Date: 08/04/2000 08:53:05
On Thu, 03 Aug 2000 11:25:40 -0700,
	bob meader <bob@cci.net> wrote:

> GOOD NEWS I just got a single user
> shell (sh) with 8-02 kernel on my RISCsever
> 2200 !

GREAT!

> Just a request ...
> In my previous work on the kernel I once built
> a version using an etherlink II network card
> to test/verify the mappings for Isa/eisa bus
> were correct.  The values are correct , so is
> the interrupt support but at that time the
> DMA wasn't yet done...
>
> If the dma support is now done could you build a kernel with
> ide on eisa ?

Now NetBSD/arc has bus_dma support (jazz bus support was contributed
by Urata-san), and the code is known to work on PCI busmaster DMA
on RISCstation 2250. But the code is not tested with ISA DMA or
ISA busmaster DMA.

Anyway, I've put the kernel with the wdc related devices enabled
on the follwoing URL:
ftp://ftp.sra.co.jp/pub/os/NetBSD/misc/arc/netbsd.IDETEST.2000-08-03.ecoff.gz

If this kernel works, RISCstation can mount localdisk as root filesystem...

P.S.
I will be offline until Saturday night.
--
soda