Subject: How to compile on Image
To: None <port-arc@netbsd.org>
From: Prasad Nuli <pnuli@yahoo.com>
List: port-arc
Date: 07/29/2000 09:02:06
I have finally installed NetBSD on NEC Image RISC
Station. I downloaded the sources and unzipped the
files.

How do we compile the kernel. in the dir
/usr/src/sys/arch/pica/conf there are two files
GENERIC and PICA and some other make files.

When I tried to copy the GENERIC to a new name RF4 and
I did "config  RF4" I get error message. I thought
that is the way to config and compile the kernel

Could you please tell me if there is any special
procedure I need to follow to compile the Kernel for
ARC port.

Thanks
Prasad Nuli