Subject: Re: NEC RiscServer 2200
To: None <dm@el8.org, port-arc@netbsd.org>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: port-arc
Date: 07/29/2000 04:41:49
> Bob, make sure you check your sources before making such a sweeping comment.
> I took the following from the OpenBSD arc port url:

Bob was correct, since once he tried it with his hardware.

> http://www.openbsd.org/arc.html
>
> <snip>
>
> Currently the port supports the following:
>
>      Acer Pica: 150MHz R4400PC, ISA, with onboard ethernet, scsi, video, and serial.
>      Deskstation Tyne: 133MHz R4600, ISA and VLB.
>      Deskstation rPC44: 100MHz R4400PC, EISA bus.
>      Algorithmics R4000/R5000/R10000 evaluation board
>      NEC RiscStation works.
>
> </snip>

I'm sure OpenBSD doesn't support RISCstation 2250 and RISCserver 2200.

> and from the netbsd site:
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/arc/
>
> <snip>
>
> NEC RISCstation 2250 (comconsole, diskless)
>
> <snip>

Mmm, this information is old. Sorry, this is my fault. ;-<
NetBSD now supports NEC RISCstation 2250 video card, and PCI SCSI
devices (Adaptec 294x, at least), although it still doesn't support
internal SCSI device. This is all done by Urata-san.

> Unless the web sites are giving out incorrect information,

Sorry, this is my fault. ;-<
I'll update the information (NetBSD site), soon.

BTW, NetBSD-current kernel may work with DESCstation Tyne, rPC44 and
Algorithmics evaluation boards now, but has not been tested yet.
Although currently it is a bit hard to test it, since installer is
not made yet.
--
soda