Subject: Re: NEC RiscServer 2200
To: Kurt Bloom <kbloom@winternet.com>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-arc
Date: 07/28/2000 10:49:45
In message <Pine.GSO.4.05.10007281042330.28850-100000@tundra.winternet.com> Kurt Bloom writes:
: ok. So I shortened the name of the ecoff to 8.3, copied to c:\, did run
: program with arc path to file. Now I'm getting no errors from the bios but
: the screen just freezes up blank the same blue color of the prompt screen.

OK.  Generally this means that the video address isn't set right, so
you may have some tweaking to do.  It can also mean that you've set
things up such that you are booting from a serial console (the COMCONS
kernel).  You might want to connect a terminal/terminal emulation
program to the serial port and see what you get.  iirc, it is 9600, 8,
N.

: blank blue screen. Am I screwing up the file in the process of
: downloading?

Maybe, but unlikely.  If you were, the bios wouldn't even load the
file.

Warner