Subject: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re: does ld.elf=5Fso work on ARC??=
To: None <soda@sra.co.jp>
From: Michael 'Maki' Kato <mk2s@digitalcommute.com>
List: port-arc
Date: 06/15/2000 09:05:57
>Hmm. Did you try the binary snapshot on the following URL?
>	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/arc/snapshot/20000303/

I tried that when I first got started out, and couldn't get them to work at
all.  The kernels trapped really early.  Can I use a recent kernel with that
user land from 0303?

>Perhaps this might be caused by compiler option of make build.
>I've heard that -mips3 option causes this trouble.

I'll look into the options I'm using.  I thing for the kernel I'm using -
mips2 -r4000 I'm not sure for the utilities.

>> Also I noticed that I had to set __NO_LEADING_UNDERSCORE__ in libc/sys/
>> Makefile.inc to get libc to link.  Is this normal?
>
>No. This seems to be toolchain configuration problem.
>Please look at /us/rsrc/gnu/dist/gcc/config/mips/netbsd.h.
>Standard gcc already should have this definition.

Thank you, I'll definitely lookinto that too.  I cross compile from i386-
netbsd for now and I got my tool chain from pkgsrc mipsel-netbsd, and did a
'make all install'  Is this not what every one else does?  I'm at egcs
2.91.60 now.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.