Subject: Re: does ld.elf_so work on ARC?
To: None <mk2s@digitalcommute.com>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: port-arc
Date: 06/15/2000 17:33:22
> I've been working to get NetBSD going on the Olivetti M700-10, and have not
> been able to get shared libraries to work.  I get a segfault from (I think)
> rtld every time I start a program that uses so.  Is anyone else having this
> problem?

Hmm. Did you try the binary snapshot on the following URL?
	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/arc/snapshot/20000303/

Perhaps this might be caused by compiler option of make build.
I've heard that -mips3 option causes this trouble.

> Also I noticed that I had to set __NO_LEADING_UNDERSCORE__ in libc/sys/
> Makefile.inc to get libc to link.  Is this normal?

No. This seems to be toolchain configuration problem.
Please look at /us/rsrc/gnu/dist/gcc/config/mips/netbsd.h.
Standard gcc already should have this definition.
--
soda