Subject: Re: Mips R3000 Magnum port
To: None <w.knowles@niwa.cri.nz>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-arc
Date: 05/15/2000 19:03:16
w.knowles@niwa.cri.nz wrote;

>> The PROM Monitor is directly capable of performing BOOTP & TFTP.  There is
>> also a set of PROM functions for stand alone IO that is fairly well
>> documented.  In fact it is almost a 1 for 1 copy of the PROM routines used
>> in the DECstation's
>>
>> Progress to date is:
>>    - Build Cross compiler environment
>>    - Sort out netbooting of executables [ ecoff-bigmips ]
>>    - Start port of PMAX secondary bootloader which gets as far as opening
>>      the disk device.  Not essential for the port, but helps with ELF
>>      kernels.
>>    - Start a cut down kernel based on the NEWSMIPS port.
>>      Currently gets as far as wiring down the virtual memory map.

Yes! great!!  You're the person whom people have been eager to see!!!
I can provide help to you for NetBSD integration.   Actually, Magnum
R3000 was the machine which made myself wannabe kernel hacker in year
1992.  It's a mental trauma to me in some degree, but it's being lifted
away...

Tohru Nishimura