Subject: Re: R3000 Magnum port -- Re: R3000 SGI boxes
To: None <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Michael 'Maki' Kato <mk2s@digitalcommute.com>
List: port-arc
Date: 05/12/2000 08:58:40
Nishimura-San and others,

  Thanks for your encouragements.  I'm looking forward to getting started.
  Like I said I'm currently working on getting my Olivetti working, and
  after a week's effort I've been successful in cross compiling a NetBSD
  kernel from an Linux/Intel box.  That wasn't straight froward, but
  I now have a kernel that tries to boot.  I'm going to try to run some
  binaries from the ARC snapshot next.  I think the ethernet is not working
  on my machine.( I found some differences between the M700 and Magnum
  4000)

  I'm still figuring my way out.

  So, do you recommend creating a directory like arch/magnum or putting
  the magnum3000 stuff into arch/newsmips or arch/mips?

  Thanks kindly,

>>> I would love to hear more about those docs.  I have a relabled Magnum
>>> 3000(Bull DPS M-20) and after I get things going on my
Magnum4000(Olivetti