Port-amigappc archive

Re: amigappc test kernel for CSPPC and BPPC

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 23:49:10 +0200, Jukka Andberg <jandberg%welho.com@localhost>
wrote:
>> > Also it looks like cpuclock/busclock calculation is a bit off.
>> > This one should have 200Mhz processor instead of 233Mhz.
>> Have a look at the pll603[] array in amigappc_identify(). There is probably
>> a wrong entry for your CPU.
>
> I might have been mistaken about 200MHz. I tried some powerup and
> warpos tools and they say that cpuclock is 210 and busclock is 60.
>
> So it would seem that the multiplier is correct but busclock is
> guessed wrong. Maybe we need a separate switch for BPPC for busclock
> handling.

It would be just another hack. Method used now in amigappc_identify()
works by reading values stored in P5 ROM. It will not work properly for
cards which were repaired or upgraded with other CPU model than
originally shipped (CSPPC or BPPC makes no difference here). Maybe
that's the case with your card?

> Or maybe we need to implement measuring it like the
> comment suggests.

Yes, that's the way to go. I have a vague idea how should it be
implemented using CIA timer, but it needs working time measurement
functions. The problem is that we set up timebase using bus clock. How
can I measure time flow _before_ timebase is set up? Will functions like
getmicrotime() work in amigappc_identify() ?

--
Best regards,
RadosÅaw Kujawa