Subject: Re: PPC bootblock
To: port-amiga@NetBSD.org, Ignatios Souvatzis <is@NetBSD.org>
From: Frank Wille <frank@phoenix.owl.de>
List: port-amigappc
Date: 01/20/2007 21:56:32
Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> It is meant to be built on NetBSD/amiga(68k), while having an
> ppc-cross-compiler available additionally.

Ok, but this is not easily done.

> this should probably cleaned up in a way that the 68k part is checked
> in as a binary on the ppc side of the tree one day.

Yes. But before that ppcboot.c and kickstart.s should be improved to pass
all the necessary boot-arguments to the kernel.

I have already something finished, quite similar to the 68k loadbsd program,
which passes all the arguments in registers (r22-r31 in my case). I can send
you my working gobsdppc bootloader source for reference, if you like.

BTW, does port-amigappc still exist?

--
    _  Frank Wille (frank@phoenix.owl.de)
 _ //  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/