Re: MNT ZZ9000: Various additional drivers available.

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 05:55:10PM +0100, Alain Runa wrote:
> Hi Amiga/NetBSD nerds,
> Hi Ignatios,
>
> I developed my ZZ9000 driver further to support the network interface and a RAM block device beside the framebuffer.

> The RAM block device is limited to Zorro III Amigas, due to the limited memory mapping area of Zorro II. The RAM block device can be used as a 240 MB swap partition via altmem(4).

Also - Z2 memory willbe slower than a moderately fast disk.

> The main driver now checks for the firmware version of the ZZ9000, and prints a warning if it differs from the expected v1.5 one.

A good idea.

> There are also some dummy drivers included for the USB and the microSD card reader of the ZZ9000. But, they’re just skeletons for future driver development. As for today, the ZZ9000 with firmware 1.5. does not seem to expose the required register-sets for these functionalities.

> Each driver can be enabled individually from each other in the WSCONS config file:
> #mntzz*		at zbus?		# MNT ZZ9000
> #zzgpu*		at mntzz?		# Framebuffer
> #options	MNTZZ_CONSOLE		# console on ZZ9000
> #zz*		at mntzz?		# Network
> #options	MNTZZ_MACADDR="68:82:F2:00:01:00"	# your MAC address
> #zzusb*		at mntzz?		# USB
> #zzmcr*		at mntzz?		# microSD card reader
> #zzrbd*		at mntzz?		# RAM block device
> #altmem*	at zzrbd?		# altmem(4) on zzrbd
>
> Please notice the MNTZZ_MACADDR option. One should replace the default MAC address with the personalized one which came printed with MNT ZZ9000 setup manual.

This shouldn't be necessary (why doesn't the card have its link
address in the firmware?)

You can configure that with ifconfig.  and ist stylistically the
wrong thing to do - you could boot two machines with the same
kernel...

paraphrased from "man ifconfig"

ifconfig zz0 link 68:82:f2:00:01:00 active

or put it into /etc/ifconfig.zz0 to be automatically set at boot time
as the first configuration option

link 68:82:f2:00:01:00 active
up
inet ....
inet6 ....

Sorry I didn't comment anymore on your older driver, I'll start with this
one. It have been very hectic weeks ...