Re: Testing NetBSD on a cd32

rherdware%yahoo.com@localhost (=?UTF-8?Q?Bj=C3=B6rn_Johannesson?=) writes:

>>The CD-ROM is non-standard, but it shouldn't be too difficult to write a driver. AROS has support for it.
>Ah, cool. AROS has a compatible license too ISTR.
>Is the CD32 the only thing that ever used that propriety interface?

Yes, the interface is part of the "Akiko" chip that was created for
the CD32. "Akiko" is more known for the chunky-to-planar function.

>>>No chance for ethernet is a bummer though.
>>There are Ethernet cards with CF interface...
>Didn't think about that. Wonder how the "Gayle" on the TF330 would handle two devices on the cable...

No idea :)

>I don't have one of those cards or suitable cables/adapters for 2xCF or CF+2.5" anyways. Which CF NICs do we support?

I don't think we support any. It's just a possibility.

>The CD32 lacks standard Amiga serial port so slip(4) isn't an option either.
>I'm not sure how the serial in the AUX port is hooked up but I'm pretty sure it would need it's own driver.

The Mini-DIN connector has the data/clock signals for the Keyboard and
(5V TTL-level!) the RxD/TxD signals of the serial port. No modem
handshake lines. There were various adapter boxes that converted the
serial signals to RS232 levels and provided a keyboard signal pass
through. CD32-Amiga11.lha on Aminet contains a description.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost