Re: A1200 PCMCIA problem

On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 22:50:22 +0200
Jukka Andberg <jandberg%welho.com@localhost> wrote:

> If I first do a cold boot
> with a kernel with those lines in their original place, and then boot a
> kernel without those lines, the card is properly detected! Previously it
> was always necessary to reconnect the card after cold boot, and
> afterwards it would work for following warm reboots.

I'm confused. That sounds to me like there is no difference.
Previously your card worked after warm reboots and now it also works after
warm reboot...? :)

> Also I found another network card to test with (a DFE-670TXD, the other
> one was a DE-660+). It works better.

I have a 670TXD too and did all my tests with it.

> With your fix it fails to detect on cold boot, but works after the next
> reboot.

Hm. Probably I have to run a recent 7.0 and current kernels on my A1200 for
comparison again. Maybe I remember wrong. But this might take some days,
as I'm currently debugging on my A3000 and A4000.

> Without the fix this one also
> would need to be reconnected one time after cold boot to work at all.

So, overall my patch doesn't make your situation as worse as it looked
at first sight? Maybe we can keep it in?

--
Frank Wille