Re: NetBSD 6.1.2 install report (A1200, Bliz 1230mkIV)

vallesroc%gmail.com@localhost (=?UTF-8?Q?Roc_Vall=C3=A8s?=) writes:

>> Thatâ??s also a limitation of Kickstart. Any bootable partition must be
>> within 4GB. Possibly newer AmigaOS version patch the Kickstart to allow
>> this, but it means that it wouldnâ??t work for NetBSD cold boot anyway.

>I do use blizkick to load a patched kickstart from os3.9. On a cold
>boot, it first boots wb3.1: and blizkicks from s:startup-sequence,
>then after the reboot it boots wb3.9:. The trick is wb3.9 simply has
>higher priority, but it can't be booted until blizzard's shadow
>kickstart is updated. The hard disk is big (120GB) and the kickstart
>in the rom (Actually v39, 3.0) does only see a small portion of it.

The best suggestion is then to boot the kernel from AmigaOS
using loadbsd or gobsd, probably before loading the patched
kickstart.

>Q: I have a 68882. Will having FPU emulation help me in any way? (such
>as running binaries that use the FPU and are not for the 68882)

All code uses the FPU.

>Q: is wscons supposed to work with AGA at all? If so, what should the
>config look like? (See problem above)

I should really try wscons...

>Q: what to enable in config for kernel backtraces / kernel debugger to
>show symbols (just DEBUG?)

You need to load the kernel symbol table. That's a boot option.

Greetings,