Re: Installation probs 6.1.1 and 6.99 (maybe G-Rex related?)

On 2 Sep 2013, at 10:53 PM, Alexander Coers <alexander.coers%gmx.de@localhost>
wrote:

> Am 01.09.2013 um 22:07 schrieb Radoslaw Kujawa:
>
>> On 1 Sep 2013, at 6:33 PM, Alexander Coers
>> <alexander.coers%gmx.de@localhost> wrote:
>>
>>> Either it prints it could not load kernel symbols or (if started without
>>> -S) it bails directly into debugger
>>> with different errors (have to try it again for correct description, since
>>> I always use -Sn2).
>>
>> I guess the error was "panic: uvm_km_suballoc: unable to allocate space in
>> parent map" ? That's typical message for problem mentioned above.
>
> Yes, exactly.

Then it's fixed in HEAD, as I said before (that's why you're able to boot it
:P).

> [...] I have applied the latest G-Rex firmware 44.71 with OpenPCI support.
> And yes, some pixels were missing. Readjusted the TFT and now everything
> looks okay.
> How can I save the dmesg from inside the debugger? Then I can provide you the
> output.

You can't save it, but you can use dmesg command in ddb to print it again and
page through it. Obviously, retyping it by hand would be annoying so just take
some photos.

Also, if you had used the serial console you could copy and paste it from
terminal on another machine. But that currently needs a kernel built with
SERCONSOLE option. I can do that for you if you have a serial cable and another
machine to connect it to.

> Okay, here the output of the newpciscan tool with all 3 PCI cards inserted:
>
> [...]
> Base 0: Address 0x7FA1000 Size 0x8000020

This does not look right to me, it's an address within motherboard RAM space.
I'd rather expect 0xFFA1000 here. Are you really sure your G-REX is not faulty?
Does it work reliably in AmigaOS?

> However I made further progress:
> - removing the Permedia2 results in a trap after the ne2 driver prints it
> init message

ne2? Should be ne0 if you have only one network card. This does not look right,
again :P.

What is the exact error message? I need the whole dmesg anyway to understand
what's going on.

> - removing the Realtek (leaving only the Voodoo 4) results in a clean boot
> and install is possible.

Cool, but I'd like to know what's up with that Realtek, as it should work just
fine. Can you remove the Voodoo and put Realtek in its slot? And see what
happens?

--
Best regards,
Radoslaw Kujawa