Re: hello?

On 2 August 2012 12:12, Radoslaw Kujawa <radoslaw.kujawa%c0ff33.net@localhost>
wrote:

> On Aug 2, 2012, at 12:50 PM, David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
>
>> On 14 July 2012 16:43, fclt <jmariomartinho%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>>>
>>> i have a commodore a1200 amiga, and i don't know what to do with it... i
>>> remember some time ago that i somewhat formated it, but now i can't install
>>> or run nothing... it seems that or the floppy reader or the floppy disks
>>> themselves are not funcioning? any suggestions? i'm kind of noob to this, I
>>> just wanna ressurect it to make use of it somehow...
>>>
>>> any suggestions/help?
>>
>> I'm not an amiga expert, but I'll see what I can do :)
>>
>> First - do you have an idea of the specifications - does it have an HD
>> inside, and does it have a fastram expansion in the trapdoor?
>
> In an A1200 not only Fast RAM expansion but CPU board is needed. In reality
> minimal configuration for A1200 is a 68030, 24MB RAM and some hard disk or CF
> card.

Ah, of course. Sorry, I had forgotten the 68020 needed an MC68851 to
provide the MMU needed by NetBSD :/

... or rather it hadn't occurred to me that someone would put an '020
in a machine without bothering with the MMU :)

So, the A1200 makes a nice Retro-amiga-games machine without
significant upgrades...