Re: pmap vs. large Zorro III space

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011, Rados�Baw Kujawa wrote:

I checked out pmap_init and I see only two places where uvm_km_suballoc is called. One is allocation of segment table map, and the other is allocation of page tables map. Michael Hitch suggested, that it is probaby related to page tables map allocation and that I might want to increase VM_KERNEL_PT_PAGES (defined in vmparam.h). I've tried increasing it a bit (to 12, 15, 24), but no change was visible. Increasing the value too much (for example to 32) leads to a different kind of panic: http://c0ff33.net/pmappanic2.jpg

I won't act like I know what's going on in pmap code, because I don't know. Any sugestions would be highly appreciated.

One other thing I was thinking is that the user page tables start at a fixed address of 0x10000000 (see M68K_PTBASE in amiga/include/pte_motorola.h). There may not be enough address space between the kernel and M68K_PTBASE to fit everything.

  You might try moving that to 0x20000000.

---
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Operations Consulting,  Information Technology Center
Montana State University, Bozeman, MT     USA