Re: Work on PCI support :-)

On Mon, 30 May 2011 12:40:18 +0200
Rados?aw Kujawa <radoslaw.kujawa%c0ff33.net@localhost> wrote:

> On May 29, 2011, at 10:53 AM, Frank Wille wrote:
>
> > Now we are only missing the 32-bit bus-space functions in
> > simple_busfuncs.c. This had already been a problem in the past,
> > when using 32-bit Cardbus/PCMCIA cards.
>
> I've added the missing bus_space functions. Does this diff make
> sense?

Looks good to me. As long as Ignatios or Michael don't object. ;)

I would have tried that myself long ago, but I have no hardware which
needs these 32-bit functions.

> Simple read and write functions are probably OK, at least PCI
> code does work with these. The rest is untested yet...

When it works for you and doesn't break anything then it is fine.
Future problems can be fixed when they occur.

Unfortunately I cannot help you much with your catalog of questions in
your previous posting. The properties for the pm2fb driver are not a big
problem. Just create them with the typical default settings (640x480).

bus_space_mmap and bus_dma is something I didn't completely understand
either, to be able to implement it.

I would favour common bus_space functions in the m68k directory, which can
be used by all 68k ports, similar to those in powerpc. I'm not sure why
each port needs to do their own set of functions.

--
Frank Wille