Re: Problems with IOblix serial ports

Hi,

One part of the problem turned out to be the lpt port(s). My card only has one lpt chip (78C36; the second one is an option on these boards), but the kernel was configuring two lpt ports:

lpt0 at iobl0 port 0x0200 ipl 6
lpt1 at iobl0 port 0x0300 ipl 6

with lpt0 in the kernel config instead of lpt*, it still paniced when I tried to use the com ports, but with neither lpt0 nor lpt*, the com ports work fine, so I assume that there's a problem with the lpt port driver. I wouldn't have any way to test an lpt port, anyhow.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
John