Memory usage in -current

Hi,

After having some issues with my SATA enclosure, I've finally gotten my A1200 back into use. I loaded a kernel compiled from yesterday's sources (31-December-2009, 5.99.23), then went about trying to compile some stuff. libxml2 failed. First:

libtool: compile: cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I./include -I/usr/pkgsrc/textproc/libxml2/work/.buildlink/include -O2 -O2 -m68060 -pedantic -W -Wformat -Wunused -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wtrigraphs -Wformat -Wchar-subscripts -Wuninitialized -Wparentheses -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Waggregate-return -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Winline -Wredundant-decls -MT xmlschemas.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/xmlschemas.Tpo -c xmlschemas.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/xmlschemas.o
xmlschemas.c: In function 'xmlSchemaParseLocalAttribute':
xmlschemas.c:7448: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
virtual memory exhausted: Cannot allocate memory

The system has 256 megs of memory and 512 megs of swap, and swap doesn't even get touched. Usage gets up to 62 megs before it stops.

I know that various people are working on changes, so I figure it was worth an update.

Thanks,
John