Re: Keyboard lockup with NetBSD5

Alexander Coers wrote:

> this is dmesg output from your netbsdtst1 kernel:

IDE and PCMCIA seems to be the only IRQ2 sources besides the CIA-A in your
system. So either IDE or PCMCIA generate lots of interrupts.

> With both kernels the bug is still present. When using the keyboard
> directly after boot
> I can reach a rate of 206 at kbd/ports.

Maybe it's the A1200 IDE. Does it generate more interrupts than the A3k SCSI?
I'm not sure.

> Some things I found out about my 1200:
> - the latest flash update of the BPPC activates the SCSI controller as
> zorro device, even
> if no hardware is present. This is the unconfigured zorro device in
> dmesg output.

Hmm. Should be irrelevant, as a non-present device usually doesn't generate
interrupts. ;)

> - the clock battery of my BPPC is missing, never noticed that :-)

Not a problem either.

> What now?

We can debug which codes the kbd-handler is actually receiving. Because
debugging output is not much helpful while you type I'm printing it to
/var/log/messages only. So the best approach would be to have a (serial
or TCP/IP) remote login on your system running "tail -f /var/log/messages"
while you type on your A1200 keyboard.

You should notice if the handler receives any strange codes or what happens
on a lockup.

Example from my A3000 (pressing and releasing the Return-key):
Nov  8 13:42:06 phoenix /netbsd: kbd sdr=77 (inverted=88),  rotated=44
Nov  8 13:42:06 phoenix /netbsd: kbd sdr=76 (inverted=89),  rotated=c4

'sdr' is the raw serial data the CIA receives, while rotated is the real
keycode (after having been inverted and rotated). As you probably know (refer
to the Hardware Reference Manual), 0x44 is the code for the Return key. And
bit 7 is the key-up flag, when you release the key again.

Please check out this test kernel:
  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/phx/kbdtest3.tar.gz

--
    _  Frank Wille (frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost)
 _ //  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/