4.99.20 install/upgrade no longer works

Hi,

did anybody try to install/upgrade with miniroot from the a current source
snapshot? This is what happens (with 4.99.20):

[...]
(I)nstall or (U)pgrade?
md_welcome_banner: not found
Proceed with the upgrade? [n] getresp: not found
md_not_going_to_install: not found
md_set_term: not found
md_makerootwritable: not found
getrootdisk: not found
getrootdisk: not found
getrootdisk: not found
getrootdisk: not found
getrootdisk: not found
[...]

Maybe related is the next problem: First I tried to upgrade with unpacking
the release archives manually and running etcupdate/postinstall. After my
update to 4.99.20 userland, the system no longer wants to start multiuser!

After "root file system type: ffs" it displays five empty lines and then:
"Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh:".

I tried to debug the rc script, but I have idea what's going on... :|

--
Frank Wille