Re: Timer issues?

On Mon, 7 Sep 2009, Frank Wille wrote:

I noticed you have not commited your changes for vax, and I didn't dare doing
it for amiga either. Any news about it?

I made a long-term test over more than 24h this weekend, and it seems that
I'm still getting such overflow messages every 1-2 hours, when the 32-bit
counter wraps.

  I had made the same change on the vax, and only saw the message when the
32 bit counter wraps, which is expected. It also seemed to keep time fairly well. I then started looking at the KA46 [4000/60] diagnostic counter and got sidetracked on that. It looks like the 4000/VLC has the same counter, but I couldn't figure it out well enough to make it work properly. I wanted to check the 4000/60, but haven't gotten around to getting one connected up yet. Then I had some problems on a couple of API CS20 machines and got sidetracked even further, trying to debug timecounter problems on them, followed by debugging the SMP problems as well.

--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant