Re: Keyboard lockup on 5.0.1 on A1200 during install

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the very helpful e-mail.  Yes, the problem still happens
after installation.  And it happens on the _timecounter_fix kernel you
directed me to as well. :(

Here's a possible clue, though: under the 1.6 kernel (which doesn't
exhibit the problem), in systat vmstat the "kbd/ports" counter normally
shows nil when the system is idle, with interrupts only when I start
typing.  On the 5.0.1 kernels, there seems to be a constant background
level of 8 interrupts per second on kbd/ports.  I thought I also
observed this number drop to values around 0-3 when the keyboard got
stuck, but I couldn't reproduce that.  Useful or red herring?

Best regards,
Chris