Subject: Re: installing miniroot 4.99.29 fails
To: Frank Wille <frank@phoenix.owl.de>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 08/22/2007 07:19:40
On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 11:11:40PM +0200, Frank Wille wrote:
> Current source release doesn't seem to work.
>
> I have updated the whole /usr/src yesterday, and this evening sys/arch/amiga
> again, to get Ignations' commits. After writing the miniroot.fs to the swap
> partition and booting the INSTALL kernel I'm running into the following
> error:
>
> init: /bin/sh on /etc/rc terminated abnormally, going to single user mode
> init: single user shell terminated, restarting
> [...]
>
> The second line is repeated infinitely, once every few seconds.
> Anybody experienced the same? Any ideas?

Obvious test:

- roll back the sys/arch/amiga directory to -D20070819 to get rid of my
patches and test. If that works, forward the wdc_buddha one manually, if
that works, the amiga/dev one corresponding to the disk you're using for
the root file system (where /bin/sh lives).

seal your e-mail: http://www.gnupg.org/