Subject: Re: 020/851 panic (was: Amiga 3000 video strangeness)
To: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@gemini.msu.montana.edu>
From: Frank Wille <frank@phoenix.owl.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 06/05/2007 11:08:53
Michael L. Hitch wrote:

>>Sources are from ~18h GMT, 1st of June.
>>So it might be a good idea to update and retest?
>
>   Doubtful, I don't think anything's been changes since then that would
> change anything.  Hmm, that is close enough to my commit that it may not
> have gotten propigated to the anonymous cvs servers.
>
>   Check the revision of sys/arch/amiga/amiga/amiga_init.c - the fix is
> revision 1.96.  If your kernel had an earlier revision, that would
> probably be the problem.

Unfortunately amiga_init.c was already 1.96.

>   If your kernel does have revision 1.96, then the problem lies elsewhere
> and will take some more debugging to track it down.

Maybe a problem of limited memory? There are 4MB on the A2620.
After loading the (custom) kernel approximately 2MB will be left.

I can do some more tests in the next days. Although it makes
not really sense to run NetBSD on such a machine, I think it
would be amazing. :)

--
Frank Wille