Re: NetBSD 3.0.1 Installer on A1200

On 8/18/2006, "Matthias Muench" <djbase%gmx.de@localhost> wrote:
[snip]

>Ok, wd0a would be my AmigaOS Partition so I changed it to wd0b and
>the rest like in the install guide is written. But I always get an
>error when he tries to mount the partitions afte the network
>configuration.
[snip]

That may be the problem.  In NetBSD, wd0b (and wd0c and wd0d, depending
on the port) have special meanings.  I believe wd0b is _always_ swap, so
when you're telling the system to use that as the root, well...it's
the swap partition, so it's not right. :-)

It's been too long since I booted my 3000, so I can't offer clues as to
what the right partition letter would be, but I suspect your issue is
that "b" isn't the right one.

   ScottE