Subject: Re: Packages.
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.org>
From: David Aiau <r2yum4u@es.co.nz>
List: port-amiga
Date: 11/14/2005 17:28:55
Hello Thomas

On 13/11/2005, you wrote:

> Ok, after a complete reformat I got everything working.

I was going to say, perhaps you need to start with a clean slate...

> However, there's one thing I wonder. I installed with the new 2.1, can I
> use the old 1.6 packages with that or will there be problems with
> dependencies?

The absence of a new set of packages indicates to me a strong suggestion
it's more than alright it's encouraged ;)

But seriously, I wouldn't think so, not that I've installed any yet, I plan
to read my unix manuals first... I always read the manual... the only thing
I can think of where one would need other libraries etc would be if you
were going to compile something in say the 'dist' directory 10000+ applications
in there...

but anything in the packages section should go no problem since its already
been compiled and most dependencies don't require runtime libraries of there
own...

Regards

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~