update

thought ya might like an update for statistics...

after more than half of Sunday :P

I managed to get up and running NetBSD, it doesn't seem to like copying across
from large harddrives, probably because of the sector thing but through multiple
attempts and flukes perhaps I got ALL the base tgz onto my partitions...

In the end I settled for

root  256m a
var     1g d
tmp   256m e
local   1g f
usr     2g g
home   10g h
swap  256m b

the rest of the space is void

I'm trying to just grab one archive off the amiga side but not having much
luck... namely a mud codebase archive :P and I guess I need to setup some
internet settings, namely localhost etc...

since even if I get the mud installed and compiled anytime soon, ya can't
telnet to no localhost eh? ;)

my poor head and something tells me I better print out a unix manual :D

once I get this ALL done I'll leave it running etc... and perhaps even maybe
write something to accompany the offical installation guide...

Regards

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~