Subject: Partitions.
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Thomas_Sj=F6lin?= <munchkin@swipnet.se>
List: port-amiga
Date: 11/09/2005 21:10:44
Ok, I finally got things working by setting swap and root to 128 MB
each. Dunno which one made the change really. I had swap at 160 MB at
first since I have 80 MB memory, could that be the reason I got a MMU
fault?

Anyway, it's now booting. My question now is, how do I count the
partitions for the install?

The first prompt for a root device defaults to wd0a. I have one
harddrive and the swap partition is the 9th on the drive, the root is
the 10th. After that I have made one usr partition that's 11th on the
drive. How does NetBSD count so I enter the correct ones? I went a bith
further and it said the filesystem was ffs which can't be right since
there's been linux ext2fs on there before, that suggests to me that it's
looking in the wrong place.

what do I enter for root device and dump device? I don't wanna mess up
any amiga partitions... even though I've made backups of everything.

Or does the installation just discard the amiga partitions and go
directly for the swp and root partitions I set as in the install guide,
just like linux does?

Appreciate any help.

/T