Subject: Re: WTB: A3000 power supply
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
From: Joerg Lehners <Joerg.Lehners@Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-amiga
Date: 11/07/2005 16:04:46
Hello!

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> My A3000's power supply died - is there anybody who would want to
> get rid of a spare one?

I do not have a spare one. But I once used a PC-AT style powersupply
soldered to the A3000 mainboard power connector.

But beware: one thing did not work: a PC-AT style does not supply
line clock, so a jumper must to be changed on the mainboard so that
line clock is supplied from a quartz divider.

Also beware: a PC-AT style powersupply might have lots more oompf
on its output lines and the A3000 has live power pins on most of its
interface connectors without any short cirtuit current limiting devices.
So a short circuit an a interface connector might blow traces on
the mainboard!

   Joerg
--
Mail: Joerg.Lehners@Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE    Tel: 2198
Real: Joerg Lehners, Informatik ARBI, Uni Oldenburg, D-26111 Oldenburg