Subject: Re: activity
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.org>
From: David Aiau <r2yum4u@es.co.nz>
List: port-amiga
Date: 11/07/2005 03:29:14
Hello Magnus

On  6/11/2005, you wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Nov 2005, David Aiau wrote:

>> just reading back on the archives of this mailing list, there doesn't appear
>> to be much activity... how does the Amiga Port of NetBSD actually survive
>> I'm wondering?

>   Not really answering your question, but I've seen more "The sky is
> falling!" talk on the mac68k mailing list, and I suspect the 68k mac port
> is much more widely used (just guessing).  So that could mean no one uses
> NetBSD on Amiga, or that it just works for those who do.  :-)

 Yes, a good indication, but as I feared, doesn't that mean the progress
 or revision of the Amiga port will also eventually if not already
 suffer?

 i.e. Amiga loses alot of things because of loss of interest, I suppose
      its just the way it really has to be ultimately...

 swing a ride on the NG Amiga choo choo train... heh

 as for Macos I only installed 8.5.5 once to take a look at WarlordsII. I
 remember ringing the developer himself in Aussie after finding out he
 wasn't going to make WLII for the Amiga and encouraging him to do so.
 He said, got $50,000? I'll make you a version... I would have if I had
 the money.

>   That being said, I don't actively use it on either architecture,
> although I'm thinking of making the version 2 leap when I get the time.

 I'm busy collecting all the mailing list archives. I've already found
 many answers/insights... so I guess I too shall become quiet...

> MAgnus

 thanks for the reply MAgnus, good to hear a sound even if you didn't
 answer the query ;)

Regards

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~