Picasso IV 16-bit?

Hi,

Can I use 16-bit screens with a Picasso IV under NetBSD? Is a proper
grfmodes all I need? I've noticed on the INSTALL.X11 doc that for the
grf3 dev's (Picasso II, IV) only 8-bit depth is supported. Is this still
true? I suppose I could try generating a new grfmodes file (right now
I'm using my old one which worked for the Picasso II and is 8-bit only),
but just wanted to check on the list first.

Thanks,
Emmanuel