Subject: Re: A4000 hardware question
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ruediger Engel <granada@a500.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/26/2005 18:24:37
Hi,

Florian Stoehr wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have two A4000. What about the PSU ventilation?
>
> One machine blows air INTO the amiga, the other OUT.
>
> Which  one is right? For normal, air is blown OUT, but those
> PSU have "strange"  design  with  the  fan  located  on  the
> "inner" side...

The correct direction for the fan is to blow the air from the inside of
the Amiga 4000 to the outside.
For an unknown reason many A4000-PSUs had been produced with the fan
mounted vice-versa.
If your A4k with the PSU blowing the Air out, sth. else must be wrong.
Maybe the air-intakes on the left of the back (at the edge, where the
Zorro-Slots are located) are covered with sth. or the ventilation
between the zorro-side and the CPU-side of the A4k-body is insufficient.
The most obvious reason might be an 68040 just getting too hot. :)

My A4k with CSPPC/060 runs well for years now (including uptimes of
several weeks). btw: Next year it will celebrate its 10th birthday
_with_ the CSPPC inside! :)

Regards
Ruediger